Join Thermo-Trol in going Green! Energy is wasted everyday,
and we are doing our part in energy conservation. Thermo-Trol
Systems uses products that are energy-saving, better for the
environment, and more cost effective to operate.
There are dozens of things that you can do to Go Green. Simple,
everyday actions you can do around your home, office, and
car. Here are some examples:
In Your Home:
- Use Energy Star compliant appliances and electronics.
- Use the power management features on your computer.
- Unplug items that are not in use, or attach them to a
power strip that can be switched off. Most electronics use
phantom power, or continue to draw energy even when switched
off. This includes TVs, VCRs, and kitchen appliances.
- Unplug chargers and A/C adaptors when not in use. They
will continue to draw power even when the device is charged
or not attached.
- Close drawers, cabinets and closets when not in use.
- Install window covering to reduce radiant heat from the
- Turn off the lights when you leave a room.
In Your Car:
- Aggressive driving uses up to 33% more gas.
- Dont speed-above 60 m.p.h., mileage drops dramatically
Keep your tires properly inflated.
- Get regular maintenance such as oil changes and tune-ups.
- Replace your air filter as recommended.
- Combine multiple errands into a single trip.
- Telecommute, carpool, or use public transit if possible.
Learn more about being energy-efficient at: